Ring of Vernino
Best price guaranteed
The north slope of the Gola della Rossa is characterized by big overhanging cliffs where many climbers learned how to climb. The itinerary is really rewarding because it allows you to observe and enjoy the biodiversity as well as some historical aspects related to the precious and solid limestone that has been used by man for centuries. The Queen of this itinerary is the Grotta del Vernino (Vernino Cave), from which you can look out, trying not to disturb the colonies of chiroptera bats that live there.
Cerqueto, at the entrance to the village. Frazione Cerqueto, 10, 60040 Cerqueto AN, Italy
Starting from 2 participants
- Official guide of the Associazione Italiana Guide Escursionistiche e Ambientali, part of the Guide del Parco Regionale Naturale Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi’s register.
- Medical Insurance/luggage
- Clothes and footwear suitable for trekking and the season.
- Water, snacks, etc.
- Distance: 9.5 km (5,9 miles)
- Point of lowest elevation: 164 m (538 ft)
- Point of maximum elevation: 629 m (2063 ft)
- Elevation gain: 465 m (1525 ft)
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the activity.
- In case of bad weather, the activity will be postponed to the first available date.
- Paths and itineraries will be necessarily decided by the guide.
- Tickets that are not used won’t be refunded.
- The activity is confirmed with at least 2 participants.
- ORDER CANCELLATION: you can cancel your booking without penalties until 24 hours before the beginning of the activity itself. After this deadline the penalty corresponds to 100% of the order value
What to do
The itinerary begins in the tiny village of Cerqueto and continues to the valley floor of Gola della Rossa, crossing areas that were once remote and only visited by miners. When you will arrive to the valley you will briefly follow the Esino river between the narrow walls of Gola della Rossa, and then go up to the steep Valle del Vernino. There, you will be able to see that the steep walls of the gorge are full of caves and ravines where tens of thousands of specimens of chiroptera bats live eating billions of annoying and dangerous insects each summer.
You will also be able to see landscapes and areas that are different from each other thanks to the sun exposure and wind. The itinerary is exclusively meant for hiking and it requires physical fitness for walking.
Book your activity now!