Ring of Avacelli and Sant’Ansovino
Best price guaranteed
A short ring itinerary, suitable for everybody, but full of surprises. The Avacelli Fortress is one of the nine fortresses in Arcevia, and the millenary Sant’Ansovino Church is one of the oldest buildings of the territory. This easy itinerary never disappoints thanks to its nature, its history and its art!
In front of Madonna di Loreto Curch in Avacelli di Arcevia. Hamlet Avacelli, 139/A, 60011 Avacelli AN, Italy
Starting from 2 participants
- Official guide of the Associazione Italiana Guide Escursionistiche e Ambientali, part of the Guide del Parco Regionale Naturale Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi’s register.
- Travel and baggage insurance.
- Clothes and footwear suitable for trekking and the season.
- Water, snacks, etc
- Distance: 4.1 km (2.5 miles)
- Point of lowest elevation: 323 m (1060 ft)
- Point of maximum elevation: 449 m (1473 ft)
- Elevation gain: 126 m (413 ft)
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the activity.
- In case of bad weather, the activity will be postponed to the first available date.
- Paths and itineraries will be necessarily decided by the guide.
- Tickets that are not used won’t be refunded.
- The activity is confirmed with at least 2 participants.
- ORDER CANCELLATION: you can cancel your booking without penalties until 24 hours before the beginning of the activity itself. After this deadline the penalty corresponds to 100% of the order value.
What to do
A short and easy ring itinerary suitable for everybody, including families with children. You will be able to enjoy a walk in nature starting from one of the nine Fortresses of Arcevia: Avacelli.
From here you will go down towards the small Valle Puleggia, which once was the preferred passageway between the Apennine hinterland and the hilly areas crossed by the Esino and Misa rivers. The presence of Pian dell’Ospedale, the lowest mountain pass in this section of the ridge, bears witness to this. During the itinerary you will come across the Sant’Ansovino Church, and you will see that it is set right in this valley. The Church was founded between the X and the XI century and it is for sure one of the oldest buildings of the territory. Back in Avacelli you will visit a beautiful fortification, which was used to monitor the valley at a height of 485 m (1590 ft) AMSL.
Book your activity now