Ring of Monte della Sporta
Best price guaranteed
This tour is a simple ring itinerary, suitable for everybody, even for those who are less trained. It will lead you up to the summit of Monte della Sporta, where you will be able to admire an amazing view of the below valley and Gola della Rossa.
Poggio San Romualdo, camper parking area. Frazione Poggio S.Romualdo, 60044, AN, Italy
Starting from 2 participants
- Official guide of the Associazione Italiana Guide Escursionistiche e Ambientali, part of the Guide del Parco Regionale Naturale Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi’s register.
- Travel and baggage insurance.
- Clothes and footwear suitable for trekking and the season.
- Water, snacks, etc.
- Distance: 5.2 km (3.2 miles)
- Point of lowest elevation: 910 m (2985 ft)
- Point of maximum elevation: 1037 m (3402 ft)
- Elevation gain: 127 m (416 ft)
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the activity.
- In case of bad weather, the activity will be postponed to the first available date.
- Paths and itineraries will be necessarily decided by the guide.
- Tickets that are not used won’t be refunded.
- The activity is confirmed with at least 2 participants.
- ORDER CANCELLATION: you can cancel your booking without penalties until 24 hours before the beginning of the activity itself. After this deadline the penalty corresponds to 100% of the order value.
What to do
From the initial meeting point we will walk in the small hamlet of Poggio San Romualdo towards the entrance of the traced path that runs through eastern slopes of Monte della Sporta. From here we will admire a part of Le Marche’s Apennine ridge and Monte San Vicino, its highest summit. First, we will walk through the hornbeam and oak forest, typical of the area, then, as we go up towards the summit, we will be surrounded by old pine trees and fir trees.
Once we reach the summit, we will see the amazing landscape that includes the Valle dell’Esino, the Adriatic Sea and the Umbria-Marche Apennines, while having the beautiful gorges of the Park at our feet.
On the way back we will cross a beautiful secondary grassland.
Book your activity now!