Ring of Monte Valmontagnana
Best price guaranteed
Monte Valmontagna is the mountain where the Frasassi Caves are located. It offers some of the most beautiful landscapes in the region. On its summit you can find meadows where many eagles and other birds of prey of the Park fly, while at its foothills there are Gola della Rossa and Frasassi.
- San Vittore alle Chiuse (Genga). Via S.Vittore, 18, 60040 San Vittore AN, Italia
- You will go to Vallemontagna (the place of departure) from the meeting point with your own car.
Starting from 2 participants
- Official guide of the Associazione Italiana Guide Escursionistiche e Ambientali, part of the Guide del Parco Regionale Naturale Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi’s register.
- Travel and baggage insurance
- Clothes and footwear suitable for trekking and the season.
- At least 1lt (33 oz) of water, snacks, etc.
- Distance: 6.8 km (4.22 miles)
- Point of lowest elevation: 540 m (1771 ft)
- Point of maximum elevation: 830 m (2723 ft)
- Elevation gain: 290 m (951 ft)
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the activity.
- In case of bad weather, the activity will be postponed to the first available date.
- Paths and itineraries will be necessarily decided by the guide.
- Tickets that are not used won’t be refunded.
- The activity is confirmed with at least 2 participants.
- ORDER CANCELLATION: you can cancel your booking without penalties until 24 hours before the beginning of the activity itself. After this deadline the penalty corresponds to 100% of the order value.
What to do
Monte Valmontagna is one of the mountains situated in the area of Gola della Rossa and Frasassi, in fact it lies right on the intersection of the two gorges. Inside, you can find the famous Frasassi Caves.
This path, perfect for people who are used to hiking, is a ring itinerary of great natural interest due to the coexistence of two different environments: woods of hornbeam, oak trees and flowering ash, typical of the Apennines, and the secondary meadow on the summit of the mountain. These areas are home to eagles and other birds of prey that fly in the sky of the Gola della Rossa and Frasassi Park.
During the itinerary you will have the opportunity to enjoy unforgettable landscapes: at south you will see Monti Sibillini, and when the sky is clearer you could also be able to see the Grand Sasso, at west the whole Apennine-Umbrian-Marche ridge, Monte Carpegna, Sasso Simone and Simoncello.
Looking down you will see the two gorges and you will be amazed by such beauty.
Book your activity now!