Ring of Valle della Vite and Acquarella
Best price guaranteed
The Eremo of Acquarella is a highly spiritual place, surrounded by nature in the Gola della Rossa and Frasassi Park. It is perched on the west slopes of the Maltempo Mountain and it offers a breath-taking view of the below valley and the Umbia-Marche Apennines. But this is not the only beauty that this itinerary has to offer: the Caprareccia pass and Valle della Vite won’t fail to impress you.
Merloni Public Park, at the entrance to Albacina. Via Gaspare Spontini, 3, 60040 Albacina-borgo Tufico AN, Italia
Starting from 2 participants
- Official guide of the Associazione Italiana Guide Escursionistiche e Ambientali, part of the Guide del Parco Regionale Naturale Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi’s register.
- Travel and baggage insurance
- Clothes and footwear suitable for trekking and the season.
- Packed lunch, at least 1lt (33 oz) of water, snacks, etc.
- Distance: 10.6 km (6.5 miles)
- Point of lowest elevation: 301 m (987 ft)
- Point of maximum elevation: 1009 m (3310 ft)
- Elevation gain: 708 m (2322 ft)
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the activity.
- In case of bad weather, the activity will be postponed to the first available date.
- Paths and itineraries will be necessarily decided by the guide.
- Tickets that are not used won’t be refunded.
- The activity is confirmed with at least 2 participants.
What to do
This itinerary will make you discover one of the southern sides of the Gola della Rossa and Frasassi Natural Park. It is a hiking ring itinerary which requires a good physical condition even if it is not particularly difficult. Along the itinerary you will reach the Eremo dell’Acquarella, which is a small hermitage perched on a rocky spur in an extremely remote position. Nevertheless, it offers a breath-taking view of the below valley and the Apennine ridge. The church that we can admire today, was actually built around the first half of the XV century. It is precisely here that, in April 1529, the Frati Minori Cappuccini’s order was founded.
A fresh and clean spring of water quenches the thirst of many pilgrims and hiker that reach the hermitage, and the secular trees offer an unforgettable sense of peace.
You can reach the point of maximum elevation overcoming the Caprareccia pass on Monte Maltempo, while the descent into the valley is possible walking through Valle della Vite, which is rich in biodiversity.
Book you activity now!