Ring of Monte Revellone and Eremo di Grottafucile
Best price guaranteed
This is a really important itinerary, especially for its historical and spiritual value related to the story of Saint Silvestro Guzzolini, founder of the Eremo di Grottafucile. The panoramic viewpoints on the Gola della Rossa and the Adriatic Sea at east and on the Appennine ridge at west are remarkable. All of these factors make this itinerary a noteworthy part of the Park.
Starting from 2 participants
- Official guide of the Associazione Italiana Guide Escursionistiche e Ambientali, part of the Guide del Parco Regionale Naturale Gola della Rossa e di Frasassi’s register.
- Travel and baggage insurance
- Clothes and footwear suitable for trekking and the season.
- At least 1lt (33 oz) of water, snacks, etc.
- Distance: 9.5 km (5.9 miles)
- Point of lowest elevation: 516 m (1692 ft)
- Point of maximum elevation: 841 m (2759 ft)
- Elevation gain: 325 m (1066 ft)
- Please show up at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the activity.
- In case of bad weather, the activity will be postponed to the first available date.
- Paths and itineraries will be necessarily decided by the guide.
- Tickets that are not used won’t be refunded.
- The activity is confirmed with at least 2 participants.
- ORDER CANCELLATION: you can cancel your booking without penalties until 24 hours before the beginning of the activity itself. After this deadline the penalty corresponds to 100% of the order value.
What to do
This itinerary that encircles Mount Murano and reaches the Eremo di Grottafucile is really interesting both for its naturalistic elements and the historical and spiritual story of Saint Silvestro Guzzolini, founder of the Silvestrine order of monks, part of the Benedictine order. The Congregation was officially founded in 1248, but its story began 20 years earlier, when Saint Silvestro arrived to a cave overhanging on Gola della Rossa. There, he started his hermit life.
The itinerary will make you discover the beautiful and tiny village of Castelletta. The landscapes of this itinerary are extremely striking since it is possible to see the Adriatic Sea, its coast, Monte Conero, Monte San Bartolo and the Apennine ridge that divides Le Marche and Umbria.
Book your activity now!